Just Listen To Yourself
Sometimes we don’t want to listen to that little voice inside our head and ignore the signals our body is giving us. We know when we are tired, frustrated, lack focus or are angry. We can “feel” it in our bodies. There are often important messages in those feelings and it is in your best interests to listen to them.
If we don’t listen to these messages or that little voice we can find ourselves having physical, emotional and psychological problems. We find that our relationships, work, families and confidence can be affected.
So what do we need to do? LISTEN to that little voice inside you. HEAR what your body is telling you. They can give you huge clues about what's working and not working in your life. Take responsibility for finding the solutions to your problems and try this: -
1. Take a moment to take a trip around your body. Sit down, relax, breath easy and pay attention to the sensations in your body. Get out of your 'thinking head' and get into your 'feeling body'.
2. Move your attention slowly to the “place” where you are feeling most anxious/uptight.
3. Imagine that you can talk to this feeling and find a nice place to sit down with it inside your minds eye. What does it say to you? What important message does it have for you? What have you been resisting hearing? Write down the words, feelings, pictures and ideas that come out.
4. Take everything that you've written down and take a good look. What are the key messages? Where's the important stuff?
5. Now the tricky bit - How will you respond to those messages? What is the first step you can take to make a change?
It is so important that you are AWARE of what is happening in your mind, heart and body and that you pay attention to the messages they give you and even more importantly that you act upon them. This will allow you to become, do and be more.